Hello everyone! Today we will look a little at how you can save money. A couple of months ago I was at a still stand, where I earned no money, and got no money, so these have been very handy!
I hope this will help some of you guys out there, who need some ideas to save money.
- Use the library. You can not only borrow books but also movies, games and music, so instead of buying new, try looking for what you need in the library.
- Borrow from your friends or family. This can apply to almost anything, as long as you take care of their stuff, you could end up saving a lot of money.
- When washing clothes. Try washing your clothes in colder water and air dry it afterwards.
- Buy in bulk. When shopping for food or supplies, buy big amounts of the stuff that has a very low price (this only applies to things that can stay good for long)
- DIY everything possible.
- Fix stuff by yourself instead of buying new.
- Turn down heat, air conditioner or warm water supplies.
- Cancel subscriptions to make sure you won’t be tempted to buy anything
- Shop with Ebates. Ebates gives you money back for online shopping you have to do anyways.
(I haven’t tried this, but heard a lot of good things from bloggers that I follow)
- Use the Ibotta app. Ibotta offers cash back on a lot of items, you simply just scan the items and the receipt after shopping, and you will get cash back.
(Same with Ebates, haven’t used this since it doesn’t work in Denmark)
- Cook yourself instead of buying take away-this also goes for packing lunch instead of buying.
- Renegotiate your bills whenever possible.
- Use coupons whenever possible.
- Stick to drinking water
- Pretend you make less money than you do
- Use cheap transportation like biking and walking or try to carpool
- Never go grocery shopping when hungry, and restrain from shopping when in a bad mood (I always, and I mean ALWAYS buy stupid s**t when I shop when hungry)
- Cancel gym memberships and make a at-home-gym (often we just pay for it and does not use it)
- Don’t save any credit card information on your phone to avoid any impulse spendings
- Try growing your own food
- Make a list when you have to grocery shop, then stick to it
- Put on extra clothes before turning up the heat
- Always pay off dept, or it will end up being an enormous amount of money that you owe
- Shop at thrift stores
- Meet friends at home of for a coffee, not for dinner. This way you won’t be tempted to eat out.
now a few ways to make a little extra money
- Sell stuff you don’t need
- Use Achievemint- this doesn’t make a lot of money but a little goes a long way, you earn points by walking, biking, running and more. When you have gotten 10.000 points you then earn 10 dollars.
- Use Swagbucks. Swagbucks is a search engine that rewards you for doing simple things like switching your search engine or watching videos.
(Like Ebates and Ibotta, I heard a lot of good things about Swagbucks from bloggers I follow (like makingsenceofcents ) without being able to use them because they do not Work in Denmark yet)
- Use InboxDollars. This one is a lot like Swagbucks, where you get paid for doing small chores like watching videos and answering surveys
(You guessed it *look at #28)
- Use TaskRabbit. TaskRabbit is a website where you can do different chores for other people, it’s easy and you can work at your own pace.
- Invest your money. The stock market can be a complicated thing, but investing your money is one of the easiest ways to earn money, as long as you do not do it blindly. I suggest reading a little about investing before actually doing it, but once you get the hang of it, you can learn a lot by investing your money.
Money Challenge ideas
- For every time you have shopped, put your change in a 2-litre bottle. After filling it you should have at least 400 dollars.
- The daily saving challenge. Each day is equal to an amount of money. The first day is 1, second is 2 and so on, after one month you should have 456 dollars saved.
- Try the no spending challenge. This means you can only use money on the absolutely most necessary
Lastly, here is a budgeting template that I use. I didn’t make it myself, but I still use it almost always. It found it at lightroompresets
If you’re not into templates try downloading an app like GoodBudget to keep track on your budget.
Thats all for this time, I hope you all have a happy life, one day at a time 😊
Tofay we have a veeeeeeery short post, a recipe for a 2 ingredients liquid foundation.
- Powder (I used an old Manhattan Clearface of mine that was broken)
- Some sort of crème (I used a man face cream from Derma)
Start breaking your powder until it is dust.
Take some of your crème and mix, it into the powder.
Now mix, mix, mix and you get a creamy foundation (i know it looks kind of suspect like this, but you can also put it in a container to make it look a little prettier)
You can choose yourself how much powder and creme you want to use, more cream=softer but lighter covereage.
Tada! Ready to use. That’s not hard, was it? 😉
I hope you all have a happy life, one day at a time!
For today we will be cute. For today we will make cat nail art!
- A dotting tool- to make paws
- A base color (mine is kind of nude- Loreal number 855 called oyster bay)
- A black nail polish (mine is with a small brush to draw the lines- if you don’t have one, you’ll have to use something like a small brush to draw with)
Start painting your nails in your base color- I know my fingers are blue, that’s from another nail art idea 😉
Use your brush to draw cats with the black polish- I made one fat and one with pointy ears just to make them different. I used the dotting tool for the nose and eyes.
Use your dotting tool to make paw like prints on the rest of the fingers
You are now pawlicious
I hope you all have a happy life, one day at a time! ❤
Today we will make something DE-LI-CIOUS, that is Chocolate milkshake
You will need
- 1 dl milk
- 2 tablespoons of chocolate sauce
- 3 spoons of chocolate ice cream
- A little ice cream and chocolate sauce for decorating
Turn the chocolate sauce with the milk and whisk with a fork until the chocolate sauce is dissolved.
Blend the milk and the ice cream together. Either for a short period of time fast, or for a little longer but slower. Just do this until it looks like milkshake.
Now decorate your glass. I just chose to put chocolate down the sides, poured the milkshake in, put a little bit of chocolate ice cream on top together with some more chocolate sauce (yes I DO love chocolate)
Voila you are done! This is really easy to make and takes absolutely no time
I hope you all have a happy life, one day at a time
Once again, I’m here to bring up one of the most important things in life (from my perspective of course)
Self love, that is!
Today I won’t write much, just remind you of how important self love is, and put in two small links for you.
They lead to two earlier posts I’ve made about exactly this.
Here is post one of How to love yourself
And the second one is Love yourself!
I hope you’ll read them and try your hardest to love the most important in your world-yourself. ❤
I hope you all have a happy life, one day at a time 🙂
So… mental exercise… who here practices that daily? Weekly?
Well I don’t, and not many people I know do… So here is 12 reasons to start doing some mental exercise:
- Improve your verbal skills
- Helps and challenges both your short and long time memory to boost it
- Makes you think more logical
- Improves your attention and focus
- Keeps your healthy by challenging it at least a couple of days a week
- Can boost your base level brain functions
- Makes it easier to problem solve
- Can increase your IQ- well because learning makes you smarter
- Makes you think faster
- Improves your self-esteem- we feel better about ourselves when we do something good for ourselves
- Lower your risk of dementia and Alzheimers
- Increases productivity because you now think faster and are more focused
So now that we know that we SHOULD exercise our brains at least a couple of days a week. But how? Well there are a lot of ways. The ones I use the most are these:
- The app “Duolingo” to learn new languages
- YouTube: to use learning programs or watch debates. Finding someone who do not agree with you about something makes your brain do a lot of thinking. It might be good once in a while to get your opinions challenged
- The app “elevate”
- The app “memorado”
- Board games which are logic and strategy games. Like Trivial pursuit or RISK.
I especially love playing board games with friends or family, so you get to spend quality time with your loved ones AND exercise your brain 😉
- Youtubers like: “the infographics show”, “asapSCIENCE”, “Crash Course” or “TED-ed” are some of my favorites
Now go out and learn!
I hope you all have a happy life one day at a time 😊
One of my first posts ever on this blog (from first of may 2016 :O ) was 9 tips to help you sleep better.
Today I will take that post into account and morph it into something better, that will be 10 tips for a better sleep
So if you ever have trouble sleeping or falling asleep- read on 🙂
- Open the window.
5 minutes with the window open before bed makes sure your room is fresh to sleep in. (Right now it is so warm outside that is is always open)
- Take a warm shower before bed.
The warm water will help your whole body relax.
- Do not drink caffeine at least 3 hours before going to bed.
Caffeine is a great way to stay awake and get a boost of energy. The effect of caffeine can be in your body for many hours after you drink it, so try to drink your last cup of coffee (or whatever you drink with caffeine in) at least 3 hours before sleeping.
- Go to bed and wake up at the same time every day.
Your body will remember your sleeping routine and prepare itself for sleeping at night.
I’m not doing this 100% but I try to go to sleep around the same time and wake up around the same time (or up to 2 hours difference of what I normally do)
Of course staying up late or sleeping in won’t ruin all your hard work if you only do it once in a while.
- Turn the lights off.
Sleeping in a dark room is a natural way to tell your body that it is time to sleep.
- Drink something warm.
This will make your body relax.
I recommend a cup of warm milk with a teaspoon honey, but a cup of cocoa or tea can be just as good (my favorite tea for sleeping is chamomile)
- Turn the electronics off at least an hour before bed.
Most of us already know that the light emitting from our TV or phone was disturb our brains and make it hard to fall asleep. If you just HAVE to be on your phone at night (I often am then at least turning the light on your phone into night mode which makes the blue light turn more reddish and not so hard on your eyes and brain.
Otherwise, reading a book, or taking a shower is a great alternative to looking at electronics at night.
- Do not look at the clock all the time.
When you keep looking at the clock, you stress your body by telling it: why don’t you sleep yet?
- Try drinking a small glass of water before going to bed.
This will keep your body hydrated while sleeping.
- Listen to calming music.
If you listen to music it can sometimes help your body relax.
I hope this will help some of you and don’t hesitate to comment if I missed something 🙂
I hope you all have a happy life, one day at a time! ❤