Before getting medication, I had a lot of trouble falling asleep, and never really felt fully rested after the nigh. If you have these problems too, I would recommend you to read on. This is 9 tips to help you sleep better, that I still use.
- Open the window. 5 minutes with the window open before bed makes sure your room is fresh to sleep in.
- Take a hot shower before bed. The hot water will help your body relax.
- Do not drink caffeine at least 3 hours before going to bed. This will make your body too hyper to fall asleep.
- Go to bed and wake up at the same time every day. Your body will remember your sleeping routine and prepare itself for sleeping at night. At least try to do your best on this task, staying up late or sleeping in wont ruin it all.
- Turn the lights off. Sleeping in a dark room is a natural way to tell your body that it is time to sleep.
- Drink something warm. This will make your body relax. I recommend a cup of warm milk with a teaspoon honey, but a cup of cocoa or tea can be just as good.
- Turn the electronics off at least an hour before bed. Reading a book, or taking a shower is a great alternative.
- Do not look at the clock all the time. When you keep looking at the clock, you tell your body to start all over with trying to fall asleep.
- Try drinking a small glass of water before going to bed. This will keep your body hydrated while sleeping.
I hope some of these helps, and if you think I missed something please don’t hesitate to comment 🙂