Hello again! My day right now is filled with exam thoughts and I’m overall really busy (that’s also the reason I havn’t posted in a while) I easily get stressed-especially when I know exams are coming-so(in case some of you are in the same situation) I’ve listed some of the things that helps me survive until exams are over with. Here they are:
- Have a routine: Knowing what you are going to do and when, will make things more manageable
- Take breaks regularly: Your brain can only concentrate for 20 minutes, taking breaks makes your brain able to freshen up and get ready for learning
- Drink water: This makes you avoid tiredness and keep away from sugary and energy drinks
- Exercise: Had to say this one. It helps your focus and improves your mood
- Talk about it: If you can’t take any more and feel super stressed, talking with someone you love helps lower stress levels
- Speak your notes out loud: This makes it easier to hear if something sounds weird, and helps practice the things you have to remember
- Reward yourself: Give yourself a reward every time you complete something to stay motivated
- Get ready the night before: Lay out all the things you have to use in the morning to make sure you will not stress about it then.
- Don’t study everything the night before the exam: this will be more tiring and stressful than studying one hour every day
- Don’t memorize everything word for word: understanding the concept of what you are going to talk about will make it easier to remember
These are some of the things I do to make sure I don’t go down with stress when exams are coming. I hope some of them will be useful to you too.