I myself think it is hard to get yourself to exercise regularly, so here I give you some benefits of exercise to motivate both you and me.
- Improves your mood and reduces depression, stress and anxiety
- Gives you more energy and helps you stay focused
- Helps with maintaining a good health and fights diseases
- Gives better sleep and helps you relax
- Strengthens your immune system (in the long run this makes your older years more enjoyable)
- Improves confidence
- Helps control your weight
- Increases your blood flow
- Helps control addictions to things like alcohol, tobacco and sugar
- Improves digestion
- Gives your brain a greater capacity for learning
As I discovered these things- some known, some unknown- I found out exactly why it is important for me to exercise. Once I thought exercise was something you only did if you wanted to love weight, but wow! All these wonders it do, just imagine. If I just walked 30-60 minutes every day. I would get more energy, sleep better, keep my brain in shape and improve my confidence- that’s something most of us would like.
A friendly reminder is: exercise doesn’t mean you have to run 5km 5 times a week. Don’t overdo it. It’s better to do something that you like and get it done, than doing something you don’t want to and quit halfway. Another friendly reminder is: exercise isn’t all about losing weight(this is my opinion) exercise is more about feeling better. One of my favorite actresses-Jennifer Lawerence-is amazing at talking about weight, so please if you feel like everything is about being skinny, listen to her. The picture in this post is her quote. I personally think she is amazing.
Now back to exercise. If you want some ideas for what you can do to make sure you get the needed exercise, check out my post about what kinds of exercise you can do when you don’t really want to exercise right here: https://wordpress.com/post/betterdayweb.wordpress.com/82