HERE IT ISSSSS!!
Long time no see, and trust me, I didn’t forget you guys! (I’ve actually been getting so many things ready for you) And I think about you every day (yup- not in a creepy way though)
Back on track- I have the post ready for you! The super cute magazine bag. It won’t be the same as the picture you guys saw because that one belongs to my mon (and it is right now in Denmark and I in France) but I made a new one (and slightly bigger one) for you. Without further ado:
- Glue gun
- 3 different strings/chains/ropes (Optional(for handle))
- Start cutting a template out of a magazine page- The template should be a rectangular with 5 centimeters on one site and 12,5 centimeters on the other ( I made a small hole so that I could see what would show up on my bag, you can make this hole if you just do with your template as shown in step 4+5 (this way you can customize your bag))
- Use your template to line and cut out rectangulars from the magazine
- Put a piece of tape on where you want bag to be protected (this is optional but I think it makes my bag a little easier to handle. You can also tape all the paper down instead of just the piece you want shown
- Fold the paper in half, and fold it out again, now take the edges and fold them into the mid. Then fold the paper in half so that it looks like this:
- Now fold the paper in half again (on the other side) and fold it out again, take the edges and fold them into the mid. Then fold the paper in half so that it looks like this: (the place with the writing is where your hole in the template should be, so you can mark it with a pencil, fold it out again and cut a hole)
- Now make one piece more like this and weave them into each other by putting a “leg” into each hole of the other piece of paper. It should now look like this:
- Make even more of the small folded pieces and keep on weaving until you get the desired size for the bag, you know how big it will be by taking one end of the weaving strip and attaching it to the other end
- Make weaving strips until you get the desired height for the bag, you know how high it will be by stacking the strips on top of each other (make one or two more strips than the desired height since these will be used to close the bag)
- Take the strips and attach them like said in step 7 (you can tape the ends together if this helps)
- Glue the strips on top of each other
- Now close the bag by squeezing the bottom together each other and either tape or hot glue them together (If your bag looks kind of weird after this step and looks more like an ice cream cone than a bag, try placing an object on the bag to make it get the desired shape)
- Take your three strips of string/rope/chain and braid them together to one string. Attach this to the inside of the bag to have a cute but simple handle
That’s it for this time, if you have any questions feel free to ask away in the comment section, and I would love to know- have you ever made something like this before and how did it turn out??
I personally think mine looks dang cute 😀
I wish your guys a happy life one day at a time! Love you.