Welcome back all my lovely people!
Today we will touch a very important subject to me. That is: walking.
I love walking both as a way to relax, exercise and get some fresh air. I enjoy the nature, and all the different impressions one simple walk can do. That is why I aspire to take a walk every day.
So to get you guys to walk too, I wanted to tell you some of the great and countless benefits of a daily walk.
Mind though, a 30-45 minute walk everyday can accomplish all of this, so you don’t have to walk for 4 hours each day. Mind too, I’m talking about outdoor walking 😊
- Your mood will improve and you will feel happier. Regular walking modifies your nervous system and because of this you will experience a decrease in anger and hostility. And if you walk with someone else, it will help you feel connected and in that way boost your mood. Beside this, walking makes your brain release the “happiness” chemicals serotonin and dopamine, which lifts mood both during and after a workout.
- You might lose weight. Regular walking can help you improve how your body reacts to insulin and therefore reduce belly fat. Beside this it increases your metabolism and helps you burn extra calories and prevents muscle loss. Walking also releases a fat burning hormone called irisin, scientists have said that it appears to reprogram fat cells to burn energy instead of storing it (that is also why we get an increase in our metabolism)
- Your health will improve. Walking lowers your blood sugar levels and overall risk of getting diabetes. It can also lower your risk of having a heart attack by 35%, this is according to 18 different studies. Walking lowers the chance of developing lung cancer by up to 30% and can help reduce the symptoms of asthma or other lung diseases. It might also reduce lower back pain and limit chronic diseases. There has also been a lot of studies to find out If walking could make you live longer, and most of them found that, you can add almost 2 years to your life if you walk daily.
- You’ll poop better. Yes I just said poop. A regular walking routine can improve gastric mobility, which helps you get all that waste out of your body.
- You will improve brain power. Walking releases a protein called BDNF, this protein encourages growth of new brain cells, and can help against memory loss and dementia. Beside this it boosts the place in your brain that sparks creativity. Walking also help supply your brain with oxygen and glucose, which helps it function even better.
- It can make you look better. Walking (and exercise in general) can make your skin look younger, since walking increases the production of collagen, which is a protein that keeps your skin smooth and elastic. Beside this, walking might improve your flexibility, balance and posture since you walk up straight, and use a lot of the different muscles in your body. It can also help tone your legs, arms and butt.
That’s some of the many benefits of walking daily. These mentioned is some of my favorites.
That’s all for this time guys. I hope you all have a happy life, one day at a time 😊 ❤