Another “benefit post” you might say?
Well why not, since there are so many benefits to everything.
Today we will look at running since it is easy and fast (well compared to some other sports) and because I run a couple of days a week I know a little about it 😉
- Boosts happiness because exercise releases a lot of endorphins
- Strengthens immune system so you won’t get sick that easily
- Helps weightless since running burns a lot of calories (around 400/hour if you run slooooow)
- Physical strength because your muscles get used
- Prevents high blood pressure since running helps the arteries get fit
- Lessen the effects of asthma- helps strengthen lungs and bronchi
- Helps maintain a healthy blood sugar level
- Increase bone density. Running sends essential minerals to your bones
- Boosts confidence since its easy to set goals and reach them
- Better sleep since the body has and easier time to slow down afterwards
- Increases brain power and mental functions
- Gives you clearer skin since running stimulates blood circulations
This is some of the reasons I enjoy running (or at least enjoy when it is done).
For me I enjoy my runs more if I put on some good music and just give in to it.
Because I am a creative soul, I often fantasize meanwhile I listen to the music and run. It makes it more of a “daydream” and fun session while making running not only an exercise but also a creative process.
In your head, anything can happen, so why not let your thoughts loose while running (Remember to be aware of the traffic though 😉 )
A tip for you, that I also use, is to just get out there!
It doesn’t matter if I just run 2 km (2km is for me not much, since I KNOW that I can run 5 if I really want to. You just run what for you feel is a small trip, it could be like 500 meters or maybe 1km) the most important thing is to just go on that run.
The hardest part is always to get going, so telling yourself that it is “just” a small trip makes it easier to go on a run.
When you are used to running 2-3 times a week, it seems easier to run just a little longer, and at some point “just a little longer” ends up being far more than you thought you could! 😊
Safe runs everyone ❤
I hope you all have a happy life, one day at a time