So… mental exercise… who here practices that daily? Weekly?
Well I don’t, and not many people I know do… So here is 12 reasons to start doing some mental exercise:
- Improve your verbal skills
- Helps and challenges both your short and long time memory to boost it
- Makes you think more logical
- Improves your attention and focus
- Keeps your healthy by challenging it at least a couple of days a week
- Can boost your base level brain functions
- Makes it easier to problem solve
- Can increase your IQ- well because learning makes you smarter
- Makes you think faster
- Improves your self-esteem- we feel better about ourselves when we do something good for ourselves
- Lower your risk of dementia and Alzheimers
- Increases productivity because you now think faster and are more focused
So now that we know that we SHOULD exercise our brains at least a couple of days a week. But how? Well there are a lot of ways. The ones I use the most are these:
- The app “Duolingo” to learn new languages
- YouTube: to use learning programs or watch debates. Finding someone who do not agree with you about something makes your brain do a lot of thinking. It might be good once in a while to get your opinions challenged
- The app “elevate”
- The app “memorado”
- Board games which are logic and strategy games. Like Trivial pursuit or RISK.
I especially love playing board games with friends or family, so you get to spend quality time with your loved ones AND exercise your brain 😉
- Youtubers like: “the infographics show”, “asapSCIENCE”, “Crash Course” or “TED-ed” are some of my favorites
Now go out and learn!
I hope you all have a happy life one day at a time 😊