Makeup can be a jungle to wrap your head around!
In this series we are looking closely at the different types of makeup products.
Today our focus is all on BB Cream.
If you want to you can also watch this series on my YouTube Channel.
WHAT IS A BB CREAM & WHAT DOES IT DO?
The BB in BB Cream stands for Blemish Balm.
It is a combination of other products like, SPF, primer, foundation, concealer, skin treatment and moisturizer.
It was originally made to blur imperfections and give just a bit of coverage, while being gentle and nourishing to the skin. It is a bit of an “all-in-one” product.
WHAT TYPES EXISTS?
While there are really not different types of BB cream, some of the BB creams specialize in different benefits.
Because they are made as a jack of all trades, some of the “types” of benefit you can get are:
- Sun Protection
- Fights against acne
- Specially made BB Cream for every skin type
- Hydration and Moisturization
- Bring down redness
- Full Coverage
- Medium Coverage
DO I NEED IT & WHEN SHOULD I USE IT?
As with other All-In-One treatments, it can end up being a bit “too much” because the product is not specialized in one single thing.
Even though they might be packed too much, there are also some benefits when buying a cream like this.
- You can use it whenever you are in a rush and do not have time to do your whole makeup and skincare routine.
- It is travel friendly, and you don’t have to bring a humongous makeup bag every time you go somewhere.
- If your skin needs a break from heavy makeup, you can use this instead as a “no makeup – makeup look”
- You just don’t want to put on a whole face of makeup, because that’s not you? BB cream is an easy way to go.
In general, I would say if you got are in any of the situations mentioned, you CAN definitely use a BB cream.
A BB Cream is used as the first thing in your makeup routine.
In general, if you have dry skin, you might want to use a normal moisturizer and then your BB cream, but since the BB cream is made to have the effects of a moisturizer too, you might not have to.
If there is some type of makeup you would like explained, tell me in the comments and we will get to it.
I hope you all have a happy life, one day at a time!