The topic is Makeup, and I will explain, exactly what these are and what to use them to.
Makeup can be a jungle to wrap your head around.
In this series we are looking closely at the different types of makeup products.
We will be looking at what it is and what it does.
What types exist:
If you need it and when should you use it.
Today our focus is all on Contour.
You can also watch this series on my YouTube Channel.
WHAT IS CONTOUR & WHAT DOES IT DO?
Contour is a technique where you sculpt your face. By using darker and lighter colours than your skin colour, you add dimension to your face. It can also be used other places than the face.
WHAT TYPES EXISTS?
There are both different techniques but also different types of product you can contour with.
Let us take it one at a time, products first.
Now techniques. Let me show you some of the different before and after with different types of contour.
- Classic contour – this one comes in many forms depending on your face shape
- Henna contour – henna markings made with makeup and blended out
- Clown contour – the makeup is put on as “clown makeup” and blended out
- Lip contour – the lips are contoured to make the lips look bigger
- Breast / décolletage contour – can be used to enhance the décolletage area, make the breasts look bigger and the collorbone more defined
- Ab contour – used to give the appearance of a six pack
- Foot contour – used to make your feet look pretty in sandals
These are the pictures of the contour, but let me just say:
1. it is not pretty as I almost never contour and overall am pretty bad at it.
2. I don’t have a picture of the henna contour, as I did not even dare do it – but you may ask google and you will find answers.
3. These are just for you to see that there is actually a difference before and after – even if the difference is small
DO I NEED IT & WHEN SHOULD I USE IT?
As said countless times before, no one need makeup, and contour is a quite heavy type of makeup that can not really just stand alone.
It can be used daily if you already use makeup, but is otherwise great for events, taking photos and filming since it is normal to wear heavier makeup here.
If there is some type of makeup you would like explained, tell me in the comments and we will get to it.
I hope you all have a happy life, one day at a time!
One thought on “Makeup Explained – Contour”