I’m sure we can all agree that exams (and the whole period of exam preparation) isn’t the funniest of times.
I, myself like studying and learning new stuff, but when we approach exams I always end up burned out, stressed and hating school more than ever.
After having completed quite a few exams, I’ve found some tricks that works for me, and I would love to share them with you. So without further ado, let’s get into it.
- Reward yourself- A trip to a café, a massage or a marathon with your favourite movies. As long as you reward yourself once in a while (after a hard study session, when you are done with one exam (and all of them) or just when you did a great job) you will feel motivated to keep on going since you have something to look forward to
- Cut down on your job- Try just focusing on the upcoming exams, your boss should understand
- Associate with colour, objects, sounds or sketches- Making a fun and creative association to a subject makes it easier to remember, so try marking in fun colours or draw a sketch you will remember your subject on
- Don’t overdo it- Be careful not to burn yourself out. If you do too much you might end up remembering nothing at all and stress yourself. Remember: you are only able to concentrate for about 40-45 minutes (and your focus starts falling drastically after only 18 minutes) so remember to take breaks. Try working for 45 minutes and then taking a 15-minute break.
- Sleep- No you can’t just survive with 2 hours of sleep every night in your exam period (yes yes, you can SURVIVE, but is it beneficial? No not in any way)
- Start early- This way you don’t have to stress about everything in the last minute and your assignments ends up making more sense than ones you made the night before
- Walk- Studies have shown that light exercise is beneficial for studying and tests since it increases blood flow to your brain, improve your memory, AND your mood
- Take care of yourself- I feel like I have said something like this before. If you are in a bad mood, stressed, sad or tired you won’t perform nearly as good as you would if you weren’t. So relax, give yourself a little love and remember to laugh!
I wish you all good luck, and I hope you all have a happy life, one day at a time 🙂
Loving yourself is one of my hardest challenges. I have tried so many things for 6 years now, and I am FINALLY at a point in my life where I can say that I love myself (At least most of the time. This makes me really happy to say)
Therefore this post will be about exactly the same. Loving yourself. (Because you’re worth it!)
My favorite reasons on why you should love yourself
- Self love attracts love
- It motivates you
- Helps you make healthier decisions
- Can make you look and feel younger
- You instantly seem more attractive
- Reduces stress
Ways to achieve this:
- Stop comparing yourself to others
- Know your strengths and weaknesses
- Take care of your body
- Do something you love everyday
- Speak kindly to yourself and DO NOT call yourself names. No it doesn’t help at all to call yourself ugly or stupid.
- Know that you are not “perfect” and no one is
- Compliment yourself on a daily basis
- Learn to say no (or yes)
- Laugh everyday
What ways do you usually use to remind yourself that you love you?
I hope you set it as your priority to love yourself, because when we love ourself life always seem brighter! 🙂
Until next time, I hope you all have a happy life, one day at a time!
Ps: remember: I love you guys
Okay I admit it! I’m a huuuuge hoarder. I really dislike throwing things out and always think: but what if I suddenly have to use this? (And I already know, I am NOT going to use that worn out and dirty sock)
So for you (and also myself) here is a list of stuff you should probably throw away, but don’t
- Your pretty disgusting and worn out shoes
I love shoes and I really bond with some of them- therefore I find it extra hard to throw out my favorite shoes even though they are dirty and filled with holes. But what’s got to go, got to go.
- The clothes you NEVER wear.
You keep them in the closet because they look cute and hey-they were on sale when you bought them. You haven’t worn it once and deep down you know you are not going to. Ever. If it hurts too much to get rid of consider upcycling them into something else you actually might use, or give them to charity (or just a friend)
- Ruined underwear.
Holes and weird stains? Yes? No. Throw it out please. For everyone’s sake.
- Your toothbrush.
Okay this one is pretty basic. Do you switch your toothbrush out with a new one every 3 month? No well here’s a fact for you then: Over time, toothbrushes gather as much bacteria as a toilet brush. Yup. You’re welcome.
- Old birthday cards.
Or cards alike (you can keep those with sentimental value of course- but just in case you have 25 birthdays from classmates from when you were 10 (which actually don’t say anything else than happy birthday) please. Throw them out. They only take up space (trust me I know-I had two boxes of old cards that I couldn’t get myself to throw out. Oh all the space I got when they went out)
- Dead flowers.
Okay hands up. I really don’t have green fingers, I wish I had, but I don’t. So once in a while I end up with a dead flower. What do I do- let it stay, It kind of looks like a living plant. Okay they have to get out or they will end up infested with unwelcome bugs and insects. Then it’s suddenly not so fun anymore. Just throw them out please.
- Ruined, dried up or expired beauty products.
They end up being a party for bacteria and who wants to put bacteria infested stuff on their skin. No one is my guess.
- Broken electronic that cannot be saved.
This speaks for itself. Why keep things that you have no use for and no connection to?
- Expired food.
Another one that speaks for itself. No one wants to find a lumpy milk or a rotten banana in their house. Hopefully.
- Broken umbrellas.
They are not going to work again, just throw them out.
- Games with missing pieces
The chances are, you are never going to find those pieces again, just let them go and either get a new game (if you love it) or think about if you actually use it, if you don’t just throw it out.
Do you still have some of these things in your house?
Or do you have anything that you think deserves a spot on the list?
Just comment underneath and I’ll love to read it!
Until next time: I wish you a happy life, one day at a time! 🙂
Hello everyone- there is a thing I love to do every day-actually I swear by it- that I want to share with you. “stretching” And here’s why:
IT MAKES YOU LESS TIRED
Only a few minutes stretching increases blood flow through your body.
YOUR BODY WON’T HURT AS MUCH
Regular stretching can relieve muscle pain and relax the muscles
YOU GET MORE OUT OF YOUR EXERCISE
Regular stretching can help you achieve a better form in almost any workout- like in squats since you’ll be able to go deeper down.
YOU MIGHT NOT INJURE YOURSELF
Stretching can’t eliminate an injury but rather help you focus on what you do, so that you are less likely to make a misstep and injure yourself.
IT MIGHT LOWER YOUR BLOOD SUGAR
Stretching can help relax muscles and tame tension physically and mentally.
IRemember to stretch goooooood- so you can feel it. It’s not meant to hurt, so if it does-STOP. Remember to take care of yourself 🙂
Sooooo- I thought to myself this morning. How come it’s so hard to start exercising?? I thought really hard about it and found some things I do that impact my daily mindset. So here you have: daily habits that keeps you from exercising.
- YOU DON’T EAT UNTIL LUNCH:
researchers found that overweight people who actually ate breakfast were more likely to exercise and burned almost 200 more calories during the morning compared to overweight people who didn’t eat breakfast.
- YOU ARE ADDICTED TO SOCIAL MEDIA:
If you use your time to check Facebook, Twitter and so on, the time will just disappear and you’ll have no time to exercise (trust me I know- I’m addicted to 9GAG and Pinterest) put the phone away for a minute and get yourself together (sorry the harsh words)
- YOU ARE STRESSED ABOUT… EVERYTHING:
You feel like you have to check the mail every minute in case you miss something important. You worry about everything that is to worry about: Do you look okay today or do people think you look sloppy? Did you’re your husband remember to buy all the things on the shopping list- or will he miss one? What about the kids, did they remember everything for school? And so on. Or maybe you live in fear of your boss. If you do these, you probably don’t really have the time to exercise.
Stop op. Breathe and think about this story. There is a bridge in real life that is called “the suicide bridge” because a lot of people try to commit suicide by jumping from it. All the survivors were asked why they jumped. They all had some problems they stressed about and just couldn’t manage. Afterwards they all told that when they were falling they realised that 10 out of 10 of their problems could be solved
So when you stress too much think about that story and then ask yourself: can my problem be solved? If yes- then do it and stop worrying. If no- then stop worrying, you can’t do anything about it anyways.
- YOU STAY UP TOO LATE:
If you stay up too late you won’t get enough sleep and won’t feel restored and refreshed the next day- which might keep you from exercising
- YOU SIT DOWN ALL DAY:
If you sit down all day- well yes you won’t get to exercise-try taking a break once in a while to make sure your body is still awake and ready to exercise.
- YOU DO NOTHING WHEN HAVING AN HANGOVER:
Fun fact: light exercise makes us more tolerant to discomfort or pain, so even though you don’t really want to move-DO IT, a 30 minute bike ride also counts
That’s it. Hope you could use some of this and thank you for reading. Xoxo
Hello everyone! I came to France a week ago to be au pair, that’s the reason I haven’t written. But HEEEEY I’M HERE. And I’m ready to entertain :p
I sometimes got a hard time drinking water- honestly I think it is boring… Well sometimes water is nice, but I’m just not good enough at drinking enough everyday. That’s why I want to share with you some of the things I eat, so that I can at least EAT my water.
- Cucumber-97% water
- Iceberg lettuce- 96% water
- Tomatoes-95% water
- Watermelon-92% water (YES I was surprised too the first time- I thought watermelon was like… 99,9% water 😮 )
- Strawberries- 91% water (AND super delicious- I love, love LOVE strawberries)
- Orange- 87% water
These are some of the things I eat- Feel free to comment some of the things you eat when you eat your water. Thank you, and I’ll see you next time 🙂
This will be the last post about missing vitamins, therefore I want to say: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING- yes caps makes everything better. :p :*
- Concentration problems
BENEFITS OF IRON
- White and red blood cell production
- Helps immune system
- Helps muscles function
- Strenghtens hair and nails
- Improves fertility
- Increases energy
- Whole grains
- Green leafy veggies
- Egg yolks
- Red meat
MISSING OMEGA 3
- Poor memory
- Fertility problems
- Dry skin
- Hair loss
- Mood swings
BENEFITS OF OMEGA 3
- Improved fertility
- Helps improve cholestorol levels
- Keeps your Heart healthy
- Improves brain power
- Egg yolks
- White fish
- Chia seeds