Hello kind people
Today I will just pop in again to remind you of an awesome earlier post about all the great benefits of running.
So here you go, and happy running!
I hope you all have a happy life, one day at a time ❤
Hello guys, today I will just fast and furious (haha) pop in and remind you of an earlier post, that is: how to destress.
I’ve been pretty busy lately, and that’s why I haven’t posted in a while, but don’t worry, I’m working on new and exciting content for you and it will be up (hopefully) very soon.
So for today, breathe, relax and read (or re-read) Ideas for destressing
That’s all for today, I hope you have a happy life, one day at a time!
I just want to pop in today to remind you of an earlier post that I think is super important.
It’s all about peeling and dry brushing today, so for all you interested here is the link to the post from may where all the do’s and dont’s are 🙂
I hope you all have a happy life, one day at a time ❤
Blueberries are a great health boost berry that more people should know about 😊
Some of the many great benefits of blueberries are:
- Has a lot of antioxidants- which helps go against oxidation, so that you can oxygenate without struggle (which means your you can give your body the oxygen it needs and fully use it)
- May help lower the risk of developing diseases like Parkinson’s and Alzheimers
- Full of good fiber- fiber helps keeping the heart healthy, the body stable and your cholesterol in check
- Has a great amount of manganese, which helps with bone development and converting proteins, fats and carbohydrates into energy
- Full of vitamin C- vitamin C helps maintain healthy gums and capillaries, aids collagen formations and helps maintain a healthy immune system
- Are loaded with anthocyanidins. These are known to help boost brain function, and therefore also boost your mood
So go on. Take a handful and enjoy!
I hope you all have a happy life, one day at a time!
Once again, I’m here to bring up one of the most important things in life (from my perspective of course)
Self love, that is!
Today I won’t write much, just remind you of how important self love is, and put in two small links for you.
They lead to two earlier posts I’ve made about exactly this.
Here is post one of How to love yourself
And the second one is Love yourself!
I hope you’ll read them and try your hardest to love the most important in your world-yourself. ❤
I hope you all have a happy life, one day at a time 🙂
So… mental exercise… who here practices that daily? Weekly?
Well I don’t, and not many people I know do… So here is 12 reasons to start doing some mental exercise:
- Improve your verbal skills
- Helps and challenges both your short and long time memory to boost it
- Makes you think more logical
- Improves your attention and focus
- Keeps your healthy by challenging it at least a couple of days a week
- Can boost your base level brain functions
- Makes it easier to problem solve
- Can increase your IQ- well because learning makes you smarter
- Makes you think faster
- Improves your self-esteem- we feel better about ourselves when we do something good for ourselves
- Lower your risk of dementia and Alzheimers
- Increases productivity because you now think faster and are more focused
So now that we know that we SHOULD exercise our brains at least a couple of days a week. But how? Well there are a lot of ways. The ones I use the most are these:
- The app “Duolingo” to learn new languages
- YouTube: to use learning programs or watch debates. Finding someone who do not agree with you about something makes your brain do a lot of thinking. It might be good once in a while to get your opinions challenged
- The app “elevate”
- The app “memorado”
- Board games which are logic and strategy games. Like Trivial pursuit or RISK.
I especially love playing board games with friends or family, so you get to spend quality time with your loved ones AND exercise your brain 😉
- Youtubers like: “the infographics show”, “asapSCIENCE”, “Crash Course” or “TED-ed” are some of my favorites
Now go out and learn!
I hope you all have a happy life one day at a time 😊
One of my first posts ever on this blog (from first of may 2016 :O ) was 9 tips to help you sleep better.
Today I will take that post into account and morph it into something better, that will be 10 tips for a better sleep
So if you ever have trouble sleeping or falling asleep- read on 🙂
- Open the window.
5 minutes with the window open before bed makes sure your room is fresh to sleep in. (Right now it is so warm outside that is is always open)
- Take a warm shower before bed.
The warm water will help your whole body relax.
- Do not drink caffeine at least 3 hours before going to bed.
Caffeine is a great way to stay awake and get a boost of energy. The effect of caffeine can be in your body for many hours after you drink it, so try to drink your last cup of coffee (or whatever you drink with caffeine in) at least 3 hours before sleeping.
- Go to bed and wake up at the same time every day.
Your body will remember your sleeping routine and prepare itself for sleeping at night.
I’m not doing this 100% but I try to go to sleep around the same time and wake up around the same time (or up to 2 hours difference of what I normally do)
Of course staying up late or sleeping in won’t ruin all your hard work if you only do it once in a while.
- Turn the lights off.
Sleeping in a dark room is a natural way to tell your body that it is time to sleep.
- Drink something warm.
This will make your body relax.
I recommend a cup of warm milk with a teaspoon honey, but a cup of cocoa or tea can be just as good (my favorite tea for sleeping is chamomile)
- Turn the electronics off at least an hour before bed.
Most of us already know that the light emitting from our TV or phone was disturb our brains and make it hard to fall asleep. If you just HAVE to be on your phone at night (I often am then at least turning the light on your phone into night mode which makes the blue light turn more reddish and not so hard on your eyes and brain.
Otherwise, reading a book, or taking a shower is a great alternative to looking at electronics at night.
- Do not look at the clock all the time.
When you keep looking at the clock, you stress your body by telling it: why don’t you sleep yet?
- Try drinking a small glass of water before going to bed.
This will keep your body hydrated while sleeping.
- Listen to calming music.
If you listen to music it can sometimes help your body relax.
I hope this will help some of you and don’t hesitate to comment if I missed something 🙂
I hope you all have a happy life, one day at a time! ❤