I’m sure we can all agree that exams (and the whole period of exam preparation) isn’t the funniest of times.
I, myself like studying and learning new stuff, but when we approach exams I always end up burned out, stressed and hating school more than ever.
After having completed quite a few exams, I’ve found some tricks that works for me, and I would love to share them with you. So without further ado, let’s get into it.
- Reward yourself- A trip to a café, a massage or a marathon with your favourite movies. As long as you reward yourself once in a while (after a hard study session, when you are done with one exam (and all of them) or just when you did a great job) you will feel motivated to keep on going since you have something to look forward to
- Cut down on your job- Try just focusing on the upcoming exams, your boss should understand
- Associate with colour, objects, sounds or sketches- Making a fun and creative association to a subject makes it easier to remember, so try marking in fun colours or draw a sketch you will remember your subject on
- Don’t overdo it- Be careful not to burn yourself out. If you do too much you might end up remembering nothing at all and stress yourself. Remember: you are only able to concentrate for about 40-45 minutes (and your focus starts falling drastically after only 18 minutes) so remember to take breaks. Try working for 45 minutes and then taking a 15-minute break.
- Sleep- No you can’t just survive with 2 hours of sleep every night in your exam period (yes yes, you can SURVIVE, but is it beneficial? No not in any way)
- Start early- This way you don’t have to stress about everything in the last minute and your assignments ends up making more sense than ones you made the night before
- Walk- Studies have shown that light exercise is beneficial for studying and tests since it increases blood flow to your brain, improve your memory, AND your mood
- Take care of yourself- I feel like I have said something like this before. If you are in a bad mood, stressed, sad or tired you won’t perform nearly as good as you would if you weren’t. So relax, give yourself a little love and remember to laugh!
I wish you all good luck, and I hope you all have a happy life, one day at a time 🙂
Hello again 🙂
So. I am home in cold, cold Denmark again- and boy have I missed everyone!
We have vacation (My french family and I) so we decided to go to Denmark. They wanted to go see some of their old friends, and of course Legoland (because who doesn’t like Lego???) and I went home first to my boyfriends house and then home to my parents (where I needed to attend a funeral, two birthdays and a lot of doctors appointment)
The best part though was my parents birthdays (my mother had birthday the 16’th of april and my dad the 23’th of march, so we held both when I got home) I promised to show you guys what I made for them, so I am going to!
To both my parents I made a birthday card. My fathers like this:
And my mothers like this:
YES! I love puns, and I have a really bad sense of humor so this was perfect!
Then they got a painting I made
And lastly the best part. Moomins (is this right? The mom and the dad) Since we were small, my mother has always been called “mumimor” which is the mom in Danish- so it was the best idea ever (at least I think so) to make them a crochet moomin.
I just learned to crochet a couple of months ago and it is really relaxing and amazing to see the outcome.
It is great to be home in Denmark again, and even though I love being in France- Denmark is forever my home!
Until next time: I hope you all have a happy life, one day at a time! 🙂
What does this mean? If there is an update about no update then there is an update??????
Simply put: I won’t upload a “real” post this week because I just started with the youtube videoes (you can find the youtube channel at this blog) and therefore I am busy busy busy with making great content for you lovely people! ❤
The “first” video is up on the channel. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrYIfMuBN9o) It is just an introduction for what is coming, but it has nontheless started. This doesn’t mean I will stop on the blog here- I will keep posting so don’t worry 🙂
Yup, that was it for this time! Is there anything you want me to make videoes about, just write to me and I’d love to do it (unless it’s dangerous or will hurt someone of course)
Until next time: I hope you all have a happy life, one day at a time :* ❤
Loving yourself is one of my hardest challenges. I have tried so many things for 6 years now, and I am FINALLY at a point in my life where I can say that I love myself (At least most of the time. This makes me really happy to say)
Therefore this post will be about exactly the same. Loving yourself. (Because you’re worth it!)
My favorite reasons on why you should love yourself
- Self love attracts love
- It motivates you
- Helps you make healthier decisions
- Can make you look and feel younger
- You instantly seem more attractive
- Reduces stress
Ways to achieve this:
- Stop comparing yourself to others
- Know your strengths and weaknesses
- Take care of your body
- Do something you love everyday
- Speak kindly to yourself and DO NOT call yourself names. No it doesn’t help at all to call yourself ugly or stupid.
- Know that you are not “perfect” and no one is
- Compliment yourself on a daily basis
- Learn to say no (or yes)
- Laugh everyday
What ways do you usually use to remind yourself that you love you?
I hope you set it as your priority to love yourself, because when we love ourself life always seem brighter! 🙂
Until next time, I hope you all have a happy life, one day at a time!
Ps: remember: I love you guys
So, my birthday was the 19’th of march and I was so blessed that I was able to share it with my mother and my aunt (who went all the way from Denmark, and Norway to visit me)
Normally (In Denmark) we wake the birthday child up with song and gifts, but this time we did it a little different. When I woke up, I climbed down from my bed, went into theirs and laid down in between them where they started singing for me. Afterwards I got presents (yay) And I got these from my aunt and mother: (And also a lot of gift cards)
Then we went up and prepared for the big feast. My aunt made Lasagna (because hers is the beeeeest!) I made the cake, and my mother entertained Eva and helped us when we needed it.
My French family made the table and we sat down (for a loooong time, man there was a lot of food and cake) I even got some presents from the family here. ( the first one was the card, and the origami mouse and picture was from Eva- and YES the last one is filled chocolate in animal shapes!!!!!)
I then took my mother and my aunt with me on a walk to one of my favorite stores (4 kilometres away) where we saw these two cuties!
All In all I had a great birthday and felt really loved (and tired) when the day was over!
Until next time, I wish you a happy life, one day at a time! 🙂 ❤
Hello bello everyone (said with the cutest minion accent)
I hope you’ve all had a great time since last update! I would’ve posted this yesterday (because thursdays thoughts sounds more like this post-but hey friday fantasies sounds exotic)
This week has been a rollercoaster, a fun and busy roller coaster. Monday (the 6’th) was Eva’s birthday and since she wanted a cream puff cake, and cream puffs (is this the right word? Tell me if you know the exact english word (or the word for them in your native language) in danish it is “flødebolle”) then I sat my self up to make both. And I think they turned out great! They look homemade, but well-they are!
My present for her was a homemad elephant and it also looked homemade but SO cute. (And it got friends with my own, smaller elephant (Oscar is his name) very fast))
No matter we ended up with a VERY happy 11 year old girl, and are looking forward to this weekend where there will be birthday sleepover for her friends.
Next week will be my birthday (oh god I’m turning 20) and my Mother and Aunt will come visit me. I’m really looking forward to both the visit, the food and well, the fact that I got older but still look great :’)
After that I will have to get my presents ready for both of my parents, they have their birthdays not long after mine. And at that time, I NEED to show you what I am thinking about (but everything has it’s time)
If you would like the recipe for the “flødeboller” the cake or the elephants- just ask and I would love to show and tell you!
I hope you all have a happy life, one day at a time. 🙂
Hello again- this time from the cozy warmth of our french home.
Today I have a small and easy DIY for you guys (I feel so sleepy because of the rain and grey weather, so this will be all for this time-do you know that feeling?)
Let’s just jump (or roll akwardly into) it :
- Old shirt
- Fabric dye (optional)
- Plastic cola bottle (optional)
- Take your shirt and cut arms off, and then cut the neckline lower
- Turn the shirt inside out to make sure the pretty side is out when done
- Make small cuts at the bottom
- Knot the strips together all the way and knot on until the bag is secure
- Turn inside out
- Stamp on it with the “feet” of the bottle, by dipping them in paint (optional)
If your shirt already have a nice motive on it, or you just want it simple, you can just do step 1-5 and thats it! Easy and cute! 🙂
Have you ever tried something like this, or are you going to? Please comment and I’d love to hear!
Until next time. I hope you have a happy life, one day at a time.