Hello kind people
Today I will just pop in again to remind you of an awesome earlier post about all the great benefits of running.
So here you go, and happy running!
I hope you all have a happy life, one day at a time ❤
Hello guys, today I will just fast and furious (haha) pop in and remind you of an earlier post, that is: how to destress.
I’ve been pretty busy lately, and that’s why I haven’t posted in a while, but don’t worry, I’m working on new and exciting content for you and it will be up (hopefully) very soon.
So for today, breathe, relax and read (or re-read) Ideas for destressing
That’s all for today, I hope you have a happy life, one day at a time!
I just want to pop in today to remind you of an earlier post that I think is super important.
It’s all about peeling and dry brushing today, so for all you interested here is the link to the post from may where all the do’s and dont’s are 🙂
I hope you all have a happy life, one day at a time ❤
For me, yoga is a great way to stay healthy in both body and mind and therefore I aspire to do at least a little of this every day.
There is one trillion yoga poses (that is maybe a little exaggeration) and they all help with a lot of different things.
Some helps a lot with digestion, some with losing weight, others with balance and focus. There are even yoga poses to calm down and fall asleep, or to get energized and moving.
I usually do a little of each when I do yoga (I don’t always take the ones to both sleep and getting energized since that seems a little unnecessary, but tailor them more for if I actually need to calm down or if I need to get going for something I need to be pumped for)
Today I will tell you a little about the benefits of doing yoga, so that you hopefully will start doing a little bit of yoga occasionally too
- Increases lung capacity because you have so much focus on breathing while doing yoga
- Focusing on breathing in yoga also gives you more oxygen to the brain so that it will function better while improving your focus and concentration
- The slow breathing (I know, why so many benefits of breathing? Well because it is ESSENTIAL for living- literally) causes your body and mind to slow down and therefore balances your hormones, which makes you de-stress.
- Increases your arm strength- it has been shown that after 16 classes, your arm strength will have increased by 12% because so many yoga poses have you using your arms in different ways that you normally would
- You get a better posture by doing yoga since there is such a huge focus on how you utilize your body. This also improves your sense of balance
- Another study has shown, that you after 8 weeks of yoga practice increases your flexibility by 35% because your stretch and exercise your muscles so much during yoga
- Can help treat arthritis. Doing yoga regularly has been shown to work as pain relief for people who suffers from arthritis
- Makes you more flexible because you stretch both your muscles, ligaments and tendons
- Helps lose weight because most yoga poses stimulate the liver, activates the thyroid gland and creates the right pH- balance in the body (and just saying- some yoga poses can make you sweat. A LOT)
- Helps prevent lower back pain. It has been shown that if you just do two 90-minute yoga classes a week for six months, your lower back pain should be eased with 56%. This is caused because almost every yoga poses exercise your back muscles.
- Keeps you happy. One hour of yoga increases the levels of depression fighting chemicals in your brain by 27%
- Yoga works as anxiety relief. A study has shown that 12 weeks of yoga can helps reduce anxiety while increasing the gamma-aminobutyric levels in the brain (if the gamma-aminobutyric levels get low we are more prone to get depressed or anxious)
- Studies have shown that after three months of yoga practice migraine sufferers have fewer and less painful migraines
- Yoga might fight food cravings. Yoga means you have to be aware of your breathing. This has been shown to improve the awareness of the emotional sensations that are associated with consuming food and will therefore reduce eating mindlessly.
- Aids with digestion. Especially poses that includes twists applies a gentle pressure to the abdomen, which stimulates and stretches the muscles in your stomach and therefore align your organs to function better
This is a crazy amount of benefits I know, and that is exactly why I love yoga!
Now with all this in mind, go out, enjoy some yoga and have a ball with it!
I hope you all have a happy life, one day at a time! ❤
Welcome back you lovely lads!
Today we will look at my bucket list (yes I know we did this once, but this time it has been updated, and it is a good idea to always keep an eye out for your goals)
So get your own bucket list ready, and get some good ideas for what you need on yours!
- Go to Paris
- Visit mount Yoshino, Japan
- Visit a volcano
- See the rain forest
- Travel by helicopter
- Visit Rome
- New Zealand
- Berlin Germany
- See the Northers lights
- See the pyramids in Egypt
- Walk the great wall of china
- Visit a health retreat
- See Machu Picchu
- Visit Stonehenge
- Visit the Colosseum in Rome
- Visit Easter Island
- Try dog sledding
- Visit the Leaning Tower in Pisa
- See the Great Barrier Reef
- Visit Tokyo
- Visit all 7 continents
- Feed a Koala Bear
- Preikestolen Norway (damn that’s a long and hard walk but so completely beautiful)the picture in the head of the post is also from here!
- Visit Galapagos Islands
- Visit Gibraltar
- Visit the Grand Canyon
- Visit Bora Bora
- Visit” dog heaven” in Costa Rica
- Carlsbad caverns national park New Mexico
- Participate in a walk for a good cause (I have walked for both cancer and animal welfare)
- Plant a tree
- Do a random act of kindness
- Donate organs (well not now of course!)
- Host a charity event
- Donate clothes
- Rescue an animal
- Buy someone’s groceries
- Do charity work with animals
- Donate things to an animal shelter
- Donate 100euro to charity
- Change someone’s life to the better
- Make a rainbow rose
- Learn to paint
- Learn to play the piano (learned some of it, but I’m not all the way there yet)
- Learn to make homemade pasta
- Make a candle
- Learn to cut hair
- Crochet something (I made Oscar in 2017)
- Sew a piece of clothing
- Make soap
- Decorate a blank t-shirt
- Make a handmade gift (I did crochet the mumins for my parents christmas 2017)
- Make an origami animal
- Be a model in a photoshoot
- Choreograph a dance
- Make a song
- Create a ice cream flavour
- Design and build my dream house
- Design my own Jewelry
- Homebrew alcohol
- Make a cosplay costume
- Perform on stage
- Take a picture of myself everyday for a year
- Be an extra in a movie (When I went to college I had a background role in a short movie)
- Be on TV (I was together with the rest of the cress and radiation team)
- Sew a Victorian era dress/ball gown
- Learn water and ink painting
Finances and work:
- Publish a book
- Publish 5 books
- Sell 400 books
- Make a podcast
- Get 100 followers
- Start a blog (well this worked out fine )
- Start a podcast
- Have my own beauty clinic
- Be a self made millionaire
- Create a passive income
- Create a online shop and sell things online
- Be my own boss
- Coach other people
- Do something I love for a living
- Have my own clothing line
- Have my own Jewellery line
- Organize a conference
- Get my Youtube channel going
- Get out of debt
- Go a week without internet
- Learn how to drive
- Cook something new every day for 30 days
- Learn at least 6 languages at a basic speech niveau ( 3 so far- English, French, Danish)
- Get married
- Adopt a dog (A Bernese Mountain dog is the dream)
- Attend a masquerade ball
- Attend a ComicCon
- Learn basic programming
- Learn sign language
- Achieve 100 goals on my bucket list
- Learn how to use a photo editing program (had a course in this in march 2018)
- Speak in front of hundreds of people
- Do a 24 hour silence
- Learn to walk in high heels
- Take test on ancestors with 23 and me
- Learn to dance
- Ride the London Eye
- Stand on top of the Eiffel tower
- Live abroad for a year (did this last year (2016-2017 when I was in France as an Au-pair)
- Participate in a flash mob (did this when I was with my school in Amsterdam)
- Feed a Giraffe (damn those are big)
- Swim with dolphins
- Donate blood (I’m insanely afraid of needles!)
- Float in the dead sea
- Ride in a hot air balloon (YES- I am afraid of heights)
- Get a Brazilian Wax (AUCH)
- Bathe an elephant
- Eat at an underwater restaurant
- Learn pole dancing lessons (why not??)
- Start my own vegetable garden
- Complete a 10k run (Just did this not long ago and it feels incredible to think about)
- Run 15km ( Now I have to try-right?)
- Learn basic yoga
- Learn self defence
- Reach my ideal goal (57kg)
- Be able to hold a plank for 1½ minute
- Make yourself laugh 15 minutes everyday for 1 month
- Go one month without sugar
That’s all for this time!
I hope you all got some great ideas for your own bucket lists 🙂
We’ll see each other later, so I hope you all have a happy life, one day at a time! ❤
Well hello there guys. Do you also find yourself sitting in the midst of a clutter filled and confusing space? Well I do.
I am one of those some people call “hoarders” I absolutely HATE throwing things out, and it always ends up piling up everywhere looking horrible and tiring.
So for today we will talk a little about some things you might as well just throw out right now!
Well not all your clothes. But all the clothes that: doesn’t fit, is 150 years old, has holes or unremovable stains, isn’t your style, or if you haven’t worn it in forever. It might be a good idea to donate the clothes that is still in a good condition, and just toss the rest.
- Old costumes you’ll never wear again.
They might be too old, not your style, in bad condition or maybe you can’t fit it anymore, just get rid of it. You should of course keep those you know you’ll wear again.
If your accessories are broken and can not be repaired, or if they simply doesn’t fit you anymore, let them go.
If your shoes are way to small, or big you might as well just throw them out. This also counts if they are damaged or not your style anymore.
- Hangers that you don’t use because they are absolutely crappy and doesn’t do their job.
- Dead bedding.
Still wearing that old bedding with holes in it? Might as well throw them out and replace them with something that makes sleeping more welcoming
- Torn up towels.
Just like with the bedding. Drying yourself in a holed or stained towel just makes bathing a little less enjoyable. Out they go.
- Old makeup or nail polish.
There is a reason that both makeup and nail polish has an expiring date. When old, these won’t function optimally, and instead just make a mess, and make putting on either of them a hassle.
- Hair accessories.
Throw out all broken items, and all items you know you’ll actually never use. This also goes for hair tools.
- Unused or unopened gifts.
Gifts you got 100 years ago, and never opened or used. Might as well give them to someone else or throw them out. No, it never feels good to throw something away that you got from someone, but if you know you’ll never use it, then why keep it?
- Extra dishware. Somehow I always end up with 15 mugs more than I actually use, and I don’t know how it happens. If you too have a LOT of extras in the kitchen department that you never use, try giving it to someone who needs it, or simply throw it out. Honestly, smashing dishes can be very stress relieving.
- Cookbooks you never use.
If you are like me, you might have around 50 cookbooks that you never use. If you KNOW you’ll never use them, just throw them out. You can find the same recipes on the internet in case you need them.
- Expired food.
Take a tour in your kitchen and check the labels. If some of it is too old and looks/smells disgusting, give it to the trash.
- Cleaning products.
No, it’s not necessary to keep every single cleaning product you have. If you have 5 different dish soaps, and you only use one kind, get rid of the rest!
- Magazines or catalogs
I was once hoarding these in large numbers (well I still have a lot). But if you have a lot of magazines just laying around because you might use them some day. Well throw it out. I bet you’ll just forget about it and never use it. And in case you need to find that one thing in that one magazine-ask Google! Mind though, if you have some magazines that you hold dear, of course you can keep them, I did the same. But please throw those out just laying around doing nothing.
- Furniture you don’t know where to put.
If it doesn’t fit your style, you don’t have space for it or it doesn’t fit in anymore. Try selling or donating that extra furniture just standing and taking up space.
Throw out all old, stained or gross rugs. Get a new one instead if you really need it.
- Dead plants.
I’m one of those people who LOVE flowers and greenery… I just don’t have green fingers at all. If you- like me- end up killing some of those plants, just throw them out. They have no purpose anymore. ☹
- Wall décor that’s just there.
You got any wall décor that you don’t really like anymore? Why keep them if you don’t think they are beautiful or in some way serving you a purpose? Out they go.
- Old or unused electronics.
If you have some type of electronics that you aren’t using anymore, try either selling them away to someone that could use them, or give them to someone you know need it. Mind if you have manuals for any of these too- might as well throw them out, most manuals are online nowadays.
- Books, DVD’s and CD’s.
With everything getting more and more digital, who needs DVS’s and CD’s when you can find your music or movies online. You can of course keep those you hold dearly, but the rest of them, that you are just Out with them! Same with books. Keep those you love and know you’ll read again. Donate the rest or throw them out.
- Old receipts.
Unless they are from a really big or expensive purchase or you need them for something else, throw them out. You can’t use them anymore anyways.
- Office supplies.
Dried out pens, broken colours, dried highlighters or other things like these. Just throw them out.
- Crafty things you’ll never use.
Stacks of extra fabric, paper, or craft supplies you don’t see yourself using the next months or so, donate it or give it to someone you know.
- Old school stuff.
I just recently got rid of my old school papers, homework and notes. This was after a long battle of “what if’s” because what if I end up having to use them? Well nowadays you can learn anything online, and beside this… well… I hadn’t even looked at them ones since I got out of school (which is around 5 or 6 years ago now)
- Board games that are broken or you don’t play.
If you have any board games you never play, or if they are broken/miss pieces. Just throw them out.
- Broken or unused sports equipment.
Maybe it seemed cool to play once 7 years ago, but if you haven’t played it since. Time to throw it out.
- Things you will fix “soon”.
“Soon” always become later, and then never happens. Got any things you wanted to fix, but never did? If they have been laying around for more than a year, and you didn’t have to use it, out they go.
- Old batteries or lightbulbs.
Be attentive about where you throw these out. Most batteries or lightbulbs shouldn’t go in together with your normal thrash.
- Pet supplies.
Got any worn out, torn up or unused pet stuff, either donate it or thrash it.
- Spare change.
You probably got some coins here and there. Find them all and cash it out. You might be surprised how much money you actually have lying around.
- Old invitations or cards.
If you have any invitations from many years ago or old birthday (or other) cards, get rid of them if they hold no sentimental value to you.
That’s all for this time. I hope this help at least some of you to declutter! 😊
I hope you all have a happy life, one day at a time!
Welcome back you beautiful people!
Today we will relax and take a deep breath, because today, we will talk about some of the ways there are to destress!
I myself tend to get pretty tense pretty fast, and don’t really feel that I am stressed until it is too late. If you know that feeling and are at least a little like that too, please read on. 😊
Here are some ideas that I use, when I try to destress:
- Listen to your favorite music-preferable something that makes you happy, or have some relaxing tunes
- Take a walk outside in the fresh air
- Do some easy stretches
- Read a book you really enjoy
- Close your eyes and count to 10 (or 50 or 100, depending on how stressed you are. Remember to breathe slowly in the meantime)
- Write in your journal about all that stresses you out, or just whatever you have on your mind
- Write down 10 things you are grateful about
- Doodle or draw something
- Call a friend
- Disconnect from al technology (if possible) for a little while
- Watch a funny movie or video that can make you laugh
- Practice yoga
- Do something nice for someone else
- Take a nice and warm shower
- Hug someone
- Play with a pet
- Organize or clean (I do this a lot when I’m stressed, both because I like doing it, but it also gives me a feeling that there’s actually something I can control myself)
- Drink a cup of tea- preferable your favorite or chamomile
- Give yourself a massage-or ask for one from someone you live with (for example)
- Sit in the sun
- Look out the window and do some people looking
- Eat a little bit of chocolate
- Make lists of what has to happen (this helps me see clearly what I have to prioritize)
That’s it for today, I hope this was able to help some of you! 😊
I hope you all have a happy life, one day at a time ❤