Hello guys, today I will just fast and furious (haha) pop in and remind you of an earlier post, that is: how to destress.
I’ve been pretty busy lately, and that’s why I haven’t posted in a while, but don’t worry, I’m working on new and exciting content for you and it will be up (hopefully) very soon.
So for today, breathe, relax and read (or re-read) Ideas for destressing
That’s all for today, I hope you have a happy life, one day at a time!
Hello everyone! Today we will look a little at how you can save money. A couple of months ago I was at a still stand, where I earned no money, and got no money, so these have been very handy!
I hope this will help some of you guys out there, who need some ideas to save money.
- Use the library. You can not only borrow books but also movies, games and music, so instead of buying new, try looking for what you need in the library.
- Borrow from your friends or family. This can apply to almost anything, as long as you take care of their stuff, you could end up saving a lot of money.
- When washing clothes. Try washing your clothes in colder water and air dry it afterwards.
- Buy in bulk. When shopping for food or supplies, buy big amounts of the stuff that has a very low price (this only applies to things that can stay good for long)
- DIY everything possible.
- Fix stuff by yourself instead of buying new.
- Turn down heat, air conditioner or warm water supplies.
- Cancel subscriptions to make sure you won’t be tempted to buy anything
- Shop with Ebates. Ebates gives you money back for online shopping you have to do anyways.
(I haven’t tried this, but heard a lot of good things from bloggers that I follow)
- Use the Ibotta app. Ibotta offers cash back on a lot of items, you simply just scan the items and the receipt after shopping, and you will get cash back.
(Same with Ebates, haven’t used this since it doesn’t work in Denmark)
- Cook yourself instead of buying take away-this also goes for packing lunch instead of buying.
- Renegotiate your bills whenever possible.
- Use coupons whenever possible.
- Stick to drinking water
- Pretend you make less money than you do
- Use cheap transportation like biking and walking or try to carpool
- Never go grocery shopping when hungry, and restrain from shopping when in a bad mood (I always, and I mean ALWAYS buy stupid s**t when I shop when hungry)
- Cancel gym memberships and make a at-home-gym (often we just pay for it and does not use it)
- Don’t save any credit card information on your phone to avoid any impulse spendings
- Try growing your own food
- Make a list when you have to grocery shop, then stick to it
- Put on extra clothes before turning up the heat
- Always pay off dept, or it will end up being an enormous amount of money that you owe
- Shop at thrift stores
- Meet friends at home of for a coffee, not for dinner. This way you won’t be tempted to eat out.
now a few ways to make a little extra money
- Sell stuff you don’t need
- Use Achievemint- this doesn’t make a lot of money but a little goes a long way, you earn points by walking, biking, running and more. When you have gotten 10.000 points you then earn 10 dollars.
- Use Swagbucks. Swagbucks is a search engine that rewards you for doing simple things like switching your search engine or watching videos.
(Like Ebates and Ibotta, I heard a lot of good things about Swagbucks from bloggers I follow (like makingsenceofcents ) without being able to use them because they do not Work in Denmark yet)
- Use InboxDollars. This one is a lot like Swagbucks, where you get paid for doing small chores like watching videos and answering surveys
(You guessed it *look at #28)
- Use TaskRabbit. TaskRabbit is a website where you can do different chores for other people, it’s easy and you can work at your own pace.
- Invest your money. The stock market can be a complicated thing, but investing your money is one of the easiest ways to earn money, as long as you do not do it blindly. I suggest reading a little about investing before actually doing it, but once you get the hang of it, you can learn a lot by investing your money.
Money Challenge ideas
- For every time you have shopped, put your change in a 2-litre bottle. After filling it you should have at least 400 dollars.
- The daily saving challenge. Each day is equal to an amount of money. The first day is 1, second is 2 and so on, after one month you should have 456 dollars saved.
- Try the no spending challenge. This means you can only use money on the absolutely most necessary
Lastly, here is a budgeting template that I use. I didn’t make it myself, but I still use it almost always. It found it at lightroompresets
If you’re not into templates try downloading an app like GoodBudget to keep track on your budget.
Thats all for this time, I hope you all have a happy life, one day at a time 😊
One of my first posts ever on this blog (from first of may 2016 :O ) was 9 tips to help you sleep better.
Today I will take that post into account and morph it into something better, that will be 10 tips for a better sleep
So if you ever have trouble sleeping or falling asleep- read on 🙂
- Open the window.
5 minutes with the window open before bed makes sure your room is fresh to sleep in. (Right now it is so warm outside that is is always open)
- Take a warm shower before bed.
The warm water will help your whole body relax.
- Do not drink caffeine at least 3 hours before going to bed.
Caffeine is a great way to stay awake and get a boost of energy. The effect of caffeine can be in your body for many hours after you drink it, so try to drink your last cup of coffee (or whatever you drink with caffeine in) at least 3 hours before sleeping.
- Go to bed and wake up at the same time every day.
Your body will remember your sleeping routine and prepare itself for sleeping at night.
I’m not doing this 100% but I try to go to sleep around the same time and wake up around the same time (or up to 2 hours difference of what I normally do)
Of course staying up late or sleeping in won’t ruin all your hard work if you only do it once in a while.
- Turn the lights off.
Sleeping in a dark room is a natural way to tell your body that it is time to sleep.
- Drink something warm.
This will make your body relax.
I recommend a cup of warm milk with a teaspoon honey, but a cup of cocoa or tea can be just as good (my favorite tea for sleeping is chamomile)
- Turn the electronics off at least an hour before bed.
Most of us already know that the light emitting from our TV or phone was disturb our brains and make it hard to fall asleep. If you just HAVE to be on your phone at night (I often am then at least turning the light on your phone into night mode which makes the blue light turn more reddish and not so hard on your eyes and brain.
Otherwise, reading a book, or taking a shower is a great alternative to looking at electronics at night.
- Do not look at the clock all the time.
When you keep looking at the clock, you stress your body by telling it: why don’t you sleep yet?
- Try drinking a small glass of water before going to bed.
This will keep your body hydrated while sleeping.
- Listen to calming music.
If you listen to music it can sometimes help your body relax.
I hope this will help some of you and don’t hesitate to comment if I missed something 🙂
I hope you all have a happy life, one day at a time! ❤
Another “benefit post” you might say?
Well why not, since there are so many benefits to everything.
Today we will look at running since it is easy and fast (well compared to some other sports) and because I run a couple of days a week I know a little about it 😉
- Boosts happiness because exercise releases a lot of endorphins
- Strengthens immune system so you won’t get sick that easily
- Helps weightless since running burns a lot of calories (around 400/hour if you run slooooow)
- Physical strength because your muscles get used
- Prevents high blood pressure since running helps the arteries get fit
- Lessen the effects of asthma- helps strengthen lungs and bronchi
- Helps maintain a healthy blood sugar level
- Increase bone density. Running sends essential minerals to your bones
- Boosts confidence since its easy to set goals and reach them
- Better sleep since the body has and easier time to slow down afterwards
- Increases brain power and mental functions
- Gives you clearer skin since running stimulates blood circulations
This is some of the reasons I enjoy running (or at least enjoy when it is done).
For me I enjoy my runs more if I put on some good music and just give in to it.
Because I am a creative soul, I often fantasize meanwhile I listen to the music and run. It makes it more of a “daydream” and fun session while making running not only an exercise but also a creative process.
In your head, anything can happen, so why not let your thoughts loose while running (Remember to be aware of the traffic though 😉 )
A tip for you, that I also use, is to just get out there!
It doesn’t matter if I just run 2 km (2km is for me not much, since I KNOW that I can run 5 if I really want to. You just run what for you feel is a small trip, it could be like 500 meters or maybe 1km) the most important thing is to just go on that run.
The hardest part is always to get going, so telling yourself that it is “just” a small trip makes it easier to go on a run.
When you are used to running 2-3 times a week, it seems easier to run just a little longer, and at some point “just a little longer” ends up being far more than you thought you could! 😊
Safe runs everyone ❤
I hope you all have a happy life, one day at a time
Who doesn’t love a superhero? Today we will make another pair of nerdy nails with one uhm… pretty special superhero. Deadpool, that is.
I’ve seen both the movies and they are so unique I could not miss to make Deadpool nail art
- Black nail polish
- Red nail polish
- White nail polish
- Dotting tool
Start painting the town red- well at least your nails
Now make some fancy Deadpool stripes on all fingers beside one- that one will be the mask- then take the chosen finger and paint on two diamond shapes for his mask with the dotting tool or the pen from the black polish
Please give him some eyes too – just two dots would be fine
And that’s all! Now you are ready to take over the world AND look good while doing it!
PS: I know I missed my thumb, but it’s just like the three other fingers with stripes 🙂
I hope you all have a happy life, one day at a time ❤
Ever feel like your lips need a little love and tenderness? Well you can give them some, and it’s cheap and incredible easy 😊
I gathered 5 different homemade recipes for lip scrubs, and they are all ready for you to choose from.
All five recipes are great for exfoliating and creating blood flow in your lips. Just take a little from the jar and rub it on your lips, then wash it off with warm water.
Which one you want to make is entirely up to you.
They can last up to 3 weeks stored in a cool and dry place, out of direct sunlight 😊
Chocolate lip scrub
- 3 tablespoons cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla aroma
- ½ teaspoon of honey
Just mix it all together in a small bowl and put it in a small container.
Lip scrub with cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar ( I know I also put cane sugar on the picture- that’s my bad)
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ½ tablespoon honey
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon powder
Combine all in a small bowl and put in a small container.
Honey lip scrub
- ½ tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons cane sugar
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
Mix everything and put it in a small container
Mint flavored lip scrub
- 1 tablespoon of petroleum jelly
- 3 tablespoons of cane sugar
- 1-2 centimeters of a scented and flavored lip balm (mine was mint, but you can use any kind you want)
Just put everything in a small bowl and mix them, then put it in a small container
Lip scrub with licorice
- 3 tablespoons cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon of licorice essence
Mix all together in a small bowl, and put it in a small container
For all of these recipes. If you don’t feel like using brown sugar but instead regular white sugar, just do it. Both the sugar and the oil can be replaced with another kind of sugar or oil.
Beside this, if you want the honey to be easier to work with (if you have a firm honey) just heat it for a few seconds in your microwave 🙂
I hope you all have a happy life, one day at a time! ❤
Today I will take the time, to remind you all of a post from earlier.
That is the post about destressing…
Today the weather is great where I live, and that makes it even easier for me to take a walk, enjoy the sunshine, and destress.
So for all you great people out there who needs to relax a little. Here are some ideas to destress
I hope you all have a happy life, one day at a time 🙂